VRAM or random access video memory is actually similar to regular RAM, but is designed for the GPU. It is generally much faster than standard RAM because it is used to store textures and graphics data that are displayed on the computer. The more VRAM your computer has, the more complex images it can load. You’re probably wondering how much VRAM I have in window ten? Then you have come to the right place, because we will show you how to get that information.
You can check the size of VRAM on your computer through the display settings.
- Type Display Settings in the Windows 10 search bar and click the first result.
- Scroll down the page and click the Advanced Display Settings button.
- Click on the highlighted text below that indicates the display adapter properties for Display 1.
- In the pop-up tab, you can see your VRAM or allocated video memory.
Another handy way to check how much VRAM I have on Windows 10 is to use the dxdiag tool. This is especially useful if you have two graphics cards installed in your system.
- Type Run: in the Windows 10 search bar and open the application.
- Enter dxdiag in the field and press OK. When prompted to connect to the Internet, press Yes.
- When the DirectX diagnostic utility opens, click on Display; you should see information about your graphics processor. The available VRAM can be found in the Display Memory section.
CPU-Z is a free utility that can reveal information about your computer system. It lists the hardware components installed on your computer and shows their properties.
- Download the CPU-Z version in the language of your choice, adapted to your hardware.
- Install CPU-Z and run it.
- Wait until CPU-Z has detected your computer’s graphics card. Then go to tab Graphic and you will see all the information about your GPU, including the amount of video or VRAM memory allocated.
how to check dedicated video ram windows 10, how to check graphic card memory in windows 10, how to increase vram, how to check graphics card windows 10, how to check vram windows 7, how to check nvidia graphics card on windows 10, how to check vram usage, 128 mb vram