Did you know that Discord has its own rules and policies? It is easy to forget this fact if you are just a casual user, but the platform’s guidelines are necessary for game moderators. To effectively delete your discord server, we need to go through certain steps outlined in their policy manual. This guide will show you how to manually remove all traces of your account from their database on either mobile or PC!
To delete a discord server, you must go to your app settings. From there, you can select the “Servers” tab and then click on the “Delete this Server” button.”
Discord servers are one of the most popular online communities, where users from all over the globe get together to establish a group of individuals who have same interests. Also, the admins of these servers the people who created these servers are the ones forming these communities, attracting people from all over the world, and making discord a wide platform to gather an audience in the virtual mode. As a result, many people who are new to becoming a discord server admin have several difficulties in controlling or maintaining a server. The major reason for this is because Discord is a platform that requires some time to learn and explore. As a result, users often find themselves unsure about what to do next on the discord server or how to complete their required activity. To be honest, setting up a discord server isn’t difficult, however the section about how to remove a discord server is where most people get stuck. Discord has incorporated new features and authentications when uninstalling a server with specific upgrades with the goal of making the discord community much more safe. As a result, this article will provide you with a thorough understanding of how to remove a discord server in every imaginable way. Let’s start with the most basic.
Getting rid of a Discord server on a PC
To be honest, deleting a discord server is not a difficult operation, however new users are often perplexed as to where the delete option could be present. Let’s begin by eliminating a server that does not need any authentication.
- The name of your server shows in the upper left corner of your desktop screen, with a drop-down arrow beside it.
- When you click the drop-down arrow, you’ll see a lengthy menu bar appear in front of you.
- From the drop-down menu, choose “Server Settings.”
- A new big list of options appears in front of you.
- The ‘Delete Server’ option is located at the bottom of the list.
- Now choose “Delete Server” from the drop-down menu.
- In front of you, a conversation box appears.
- Discord invites you to enter the name of your server in the dialogue box.
- In the area provided, provide the proper name of the server you’re removing.
- Choose “Delete” from the drop-down menu.
Hurray! Your Discord server has been deactivated. The server will no longer appear in searches, will cease to operate, and will no longer accept new members. As per your request, the server has been totally removed from the Discord platform and is no longer visible. This is how a server may be removed from the Discord platform. If you’re still having trouble deleting your server, it’s possible that two-factor authentication is enabled on it. This leads us to our next point: how to remove a server that has two-factor authentication activated. Not to fear; this procedure just requires a basic awareness of what two-factor authentication is and how to remove a server with two-factor authentication enabled. Let’s take a look at what two-factor authentication is before we get into the procedure.
When uninstalling a Discord server, use two-factor authentication.
Nowadays, everyone has a smartphone or a laptop. Since technology has progressed to the point where nothing on the internet is safe. In such a circumstance, digital platforms nowadays, such as a website or app, use the two-factor authentication function on their platforms to make things a little safer and secure and to guarantee a person’s identification. This two-factor authentication is usually dependent on the user’s identification being verified by Google. The basic goal of two-factor authentication is to give a double-check and confirm that the person performing a certain activity on a platform is the owner of that platform and not some third-party undesired user. Though the owner of the discord server has total control over whether to set or disable two-factor authentication on their server, if they do, Google will cross-verify the owner’s identity by QR code scanning or OTP authentication before authorizing any sensitive activity on the server. Thus, even if a person’s server has two-factor authentication enabled, they may easily deactivate it by just validating a basic code or OTP.
So, even if your discord server has two-factor authentication configured, follow the instructions below to remove it.
Disabling two-factor authentication on a Discord server
- Disabling two-factor authentication on a Discord server
- Click on the drop-down icon next to your server’s name in the upper left corner of your screen.
- Select “Server Settings” from the drop-down menu that appears.
- A new list appears. Scroll to the bottom of the list and choose “Delete Server” from the drop-down menu.
- A dialog window appears, asking you to confirm if you wish to remove the server. Select “Delete” from the drop-down menu.
- A new dialogue box appears, requesting that you input a six-digit code.
- Download the “Google Authenticator” app on your smartphone if you have the same email address as the discord server.
- In order to validate your identity, Google will now send a six-digit number to that app.
- In the dialogue window that appears on your desktop, type the code.
- In the dialogue box that appears, choose “Verify” or “Delete.”
That’s all there is to it; you’ve successfully deactivated your Discord server with two-factor authentication turned on. You were able to complete the deletion procedure after successfully verifying your identity with Google by entering the six-digit code. Though the process took a little longer than deleting a discord server normally, it is always recommended to enable two-factor authentication on your discord server because it helps to secure your server from hackers who may attack your server and cause you to lose all of your progress in no time if the server is large. These are the two methods for removing a server from Discord.
Discord is a free and open source application that allows you to create and join text-based chat rooms. The “how to delete discord server iphone” is a guide for deleting your Discord server on iOS or Android.
- how to delete a discord server 2022
- how to delete a discord server you made
- how to delete a discord server on pc
- how to delete a discord server without ownership
- how to delete discord server 6 digit code