When you first start using Discord, there is a default setting for the TTS service that reads aloud text messages and other information on your screen. This can be very useful when talking with friends about game strategies or instructions from teammates. However, many people like to disable this function so they don’t distract themselves by listening to their own voice reading all of the time.
You can disable text-to-speech in Discord by going to the “Settings” tab and disabling it. Read more in detail here: how to disable text to speech discord.
Discord’s TTS (Text to Speech) feature enables users to send messages that may be converted to speech and then read out loud to other Discord users. When compared to other great applications, Discord has this one-of-a-kind function. However, these functionalities are often abused; people may tag the TTS and enter a lot of junk in it, which might bother other users on the service.
You can switch off text to speech on Discord, and I’ll show you how to do it step by step.
- Go to the bottom left corner of your screen and click on your user settings.
- You’ll find a text and picture option in the app’s settings.
- Select the option for text and pictures.
- Scroll down until you see the text to speech option down there.
- Then just choose the disable option.
- You can alter a lot more stuff from there.
How to Turn Off Discord’s Text to Speech (TTS) When Using Images
How to Turn Off TTS on a Discord Server for Everyone
- To turn off text to speech for everyone on the server, you’ll need administrator access.
- Select the server’s name and go to the server settings on Discord.
- Then, in the server settings, pick the role option from the left sidebar, right below the overview option.
- This step is critical since it disables text to speech and ensures that the @everyone role is chosen. From here, we must repeat the processes from the previous section.
- Scroll down the page until you reach the text authorization area, and then click the green button next to the Send TTS Messages.
The “how to turn off voice in discord” is a question that many people have asked. The answer is simple: you can disable text-to-speech (TTS) by going into the settings and disabling it.
- discord text to speech won’t turn off
- discord tts bot
- how to turn off text to speech discord 2022
- how to turn off tts discord 2022
- how to disable tts on discord 2021