Street Fighter is one of the classic video fighting games that has found its way to many gaming platforms. The latest installment, Street Fighter V, came out in 2016 for PS4 and PC via Steam. Although it is a stable game, you may run into problems at times. In this latest installment of our troubleshooting series, we look at the problem of Street Fighter V Steam not working.
Restart the computer before performing any of the recommended troubleshooting actions below. This action refreshes the operating system and removes the corrupted temporary data that could be causing the problem.
Several factors can cause this particular problem, from antivirus software interference to driver support errors to Intel system usage processes. Below are the recommended troubleshooting steps to follow to resolve this issue.
The first thing to do in this case is to check if the antivirus software you have installed is blocking the game.
- Locate the Avast icon in your computer’s system tray and right-click on it.
- In the pop-up menu that appears, click Avast Control Panel .
- Look for options to disable the program – you should find options to disable it for 10 minutes, an hour, until you restart your computer, or permanently (until you restart it yourself). Choose the option that suits you best, and then disable the program.
- Locate the AVG icon on your computer’s taskbar and right-click on it.
- Click to temporarily disable AVG protection.
- Select how long you want AVG to shut down and whether you want AVG to shut down the firewall as well.
- Press OK to turn off the antivirus program.
- Find the Avira icon in the taskbar of your computer and right click on it.
- Deactivate the AntiVir Guard option from the context menu that appears to disable Avira Antivirus and its security features.
- Find the BitDefender icon in the system tray of your computer and double-click it.
- Click on Virus Shield >> .
- Clear the check box next to Virus protection enabled. This disables and successfully shuts down the antivirus program until you manually reactivate it.
- Locate the McAfee Antivirus icon in your computer’s taskbar and right-click it.
- On the pop-up menu that appears, click on Output .
- You should see a dialog box that warns you that McAfee protection will be disabled if you choose this option. In this dialog box, click Yes to disable the antivirus program.
- Select Start> Settings> Update and Security > Windows Security > Virus and Threat Protection > Manage Settings.
- Set the voltage protection to OFF. Note that the scheduled scans will continue. However, downloaded or installed files are not scanned.
Check if Street Fighter V Steam still gives you an error message when you use it. If not, the problem is probably caused by the antivirus software. You should add the Street Fighter V folder to your antivirus program’s exclusion list.
- Go to the taskbar at the bottom right of your screen and click on the little umbrella you see there.
- The window with the title Occupational Safety opens. Click on the Extras option at the top and a drop-down menu will appear. Select Configurations from the drop-down menu.
- Select PC Protection and go to Scan. When scanning, you will be presented with several options. Choose Exceptions and a dialog box will appear.
- In the dialog box, enter the address/path to the directory Street Fighter V to exclude it. You can click the Browse button and select the Street Fighter V directory in the file explorer to add it to the exclusions list. After selecting the folder, press OK and Add.
- Open Bitdefender and go to the Protection window by clicking on the shield icon.
- Click on the link titled View Modules.
- Click the Settings icon that you see in the upper right corner of Antivirus.
- Click the Exceptions tab that is available in the window.
- Press List of files and folders excluded from the scan.
- Press the ADD key. Go to the Street Fighter V directory and select a folder.
- Press Add and save the changes.
- Open the Avast interface.
- Press the Settings button in the lower left corner of the screen.
- Go to General and scroll down until you find Exceptions.
- Expand the section and you will see a dialog box where you can add global exceptions. Go to your Street Fighter V catalog using the Browse option.
- After selecting the Street Fighter V folder, click on ADD at the bottom left of the screen. Press OK and Steam will be added to Avast Antivirus’ global exclusions.
- Click on the Windows button and type Windows Defenderin the search field. Open Windows Defender Security Center.
- In a new window you will find a list of available options. Select Protection against viruses and threats.
- Change to setting Virus and threat protection. Windows may ask you to allow the administrator to use this feature. If yes, press Yes.
- Find the window labeled Add or remove exceptions. Click on it and you will be taken to a menu where you can add exceptions. You can exclude folders, extensions and even files. In this case, we will exclude the entire Steam folder that is located in the folder where you downloaded it.
- Click on the Exclude Folder option and navigate to your Street Fighter V folder.
- Open the malware bar window by clicking on the icon in the taskbar at the bottom right of the screen.
- Click the Malicious Exclusions tab on the left side of the window.
- This tab contains the option Add folder. Clicking on it will bring you to the file explorer, from where you can easily select the Street Fighter V directory.
- Open the Norton application from the taskbar icon in the bottom right corner of your Windows screen.
- Go to parameters .
- Select the Fraud and Risktab. Several options will be presented to you. Look for exclusions and low risk in the lowlands. Click on it to enlarge. In the Items to Exclude from Scans screen, press the Configure button that appears before it.
- You can add your Steam folder to the exceptions list. Click Add Map and navigate to your Street Fighter V folder.
- Open Kaspersky AV from the system tray icon in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Go to menu Settings .
- In the Preferences, click the Tools tab and select the Threats and Exclusions tab from the Options list.
- In the Threats and Exceptions settings, click Configure Exceptions in the middle of the screen.
- In the exceptions window, select Add at the bottom right of the screen.
- Now navigate to the Street Fighter V catalog using the Browse button.
- Open the ESET product from the taskbar icon in the bottom right corner.
- Click the Configuration tab and select Computer Security from the list of options.
- Select the gear icon next to Real-time file system protection. After clicking, you will have the opportunity to change the exceptions. Click on it.
- Click on the Add icon and navigate to the Street Fighter V folder.
- Open McAfee Antivirus by clicking on its icon on the toolbar in the lower right corner of Windows.
- Press Safety Management.
- In the Virus and spyware protectionwindow, select Runtime and Scan.
- Select the Scan Schedules option from the list of options below. A new window opens with the Add button in tab Excluded files and folders.
For some unknown reason, the Intel Driver Support and Intel System Usage processes are known to cause problems in the game, so you should try to stop both processes.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Enter to open Task Manager.
- Scroll through the list of background processes and see if the Intel Driver Support process or the Intel System Usage process (or both) is active.
- If one (or both) of these processes is running, right-click on the process and select End Task.
- Once the processes are stopped, the game starts.
Make sure Street Fighter V Steam is not running yet.
frequently asked questions
Why are my Steam games not working?
If your game does not start, it may be due to a problem with the extracted game files. … If any of these files are different, Steam replaces or repairs the corrupted local files and downloads the missing files to the local cache. To check the cache files of the : 1.
How do I fix a steam start error?
Right-click on the taskbar or press Manage + Alt + Delete and select Task Manager. Processes should be listed in alphabetical order. Find Steam and make sure all Steam processes are completed, then restart the program. It is a simple but surprisingly reliable solution.
Why can’t you play Street Fighter 5?
To play Shadow Falls shared history, you must download Shadow Falls by going to Shop > Special > STREET FIGHTER V shared history Shadow Falls. Although all other updates are included with the game, the Story mode must be downloaded separately.
street fighter v not launching steam, street fighter 5 won’t launch ps4, street fighter 5 won’t launch 2020 ps4, street fighter v champion edition not launching, street fighter v champion edition not launching ps4, street fighter v not launching ps4, street fighter 5 black screen, avast street fighter 5