On a Windows 10 computer, you can control the volume and sound properties from the speaker icon in the system tray. Tapping this icon allows you to adjust the master volume and select the output speaker. To access the volume mixer, right-click on the speaker icon, and then click on the volume mixer setting. However, sometimes you may not be able to access the volume mixer. In this final installment of our troubleshooting series, we’ll show you how to fix the CT Scanner without opening the problem.
Restart your computer or phone before performing any of the recommended troubleshooting steps below. This action refreshes the operating system and removes the corrupted temporary data that could be causing the problem.
Several factors can cause this particular problem, from a corrupt system file to a driver issue. Below are the recommended troubleshooting steps to follow to resolve this issue.
In this case, a CFS analysis must first be carried out. It scans all the corrupted system files and restores these files to their working state.
- Type Command Prompt in the search bar, then right-click on the command prompt and click Run as Administrator.
- In the command prompt window, type the following command and press Enter .
- Type sfc /scannow and press Enter.
- Your computer is scanned for damaged or missing files.
- If errors are detected, you will receive the message Windows Resource Protection found and the damaged files successfully restored. Details can be found in CBS.log %WinDir%%LogsCBS.log.
Check if the problem of opening the volume mixer persists.
A blocked Windows Explorer process can usually cause this problem. Resuming this process can usually solve this problem.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager .
- On the Processes tab, find the Windows Explorer process.
- Right-click the Windows Explorer process and click Restart.
See if the volume mixer can now be opened.
The SndVol.exe process is the process known as Volume Mixer Control. If this process is blocked, stop it.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager.
- On the Process tab, locate the process SndVol.exeseconds.
- Right-click on the SndVol.exe process and select the End Task.
- Close Task Manager.
- Right-click on the Speaker icon in the system tray and select Open Volume Mixer.
See if the volume mixer opens the problem.
- Press Windows logo + R to open the Run dialog box.
- In the Run dialog box, type services.msc and press Enter to open Service Manager.
- Scroll through the list of services and find the Windows Audioservice.
- Double-click on the Windows Audio service to open its properties.
- Click the drop-down menu to the right of Startup Type: and click Automatic to select it.
- Press Stop to end the service.
- Then press Start to start the service.
- Press Accept and then OK.
- Close the Service Manager and make sure that the volume mixer that does not open the output is still open.
If the above steps do not resolve the volume mixer issue, you should try running the Hardware and Device Diagnostics utility.
- Search Troubleshooting in the search bar
- Click on the search result with the title Troubleshooting Setup.
- Press Play audio
- Press Start the troubleshooting program.
- The tool detects any problem and offers you a possible solution to follow.
Try to make sure the volume mixer is not opening the problem.
frequently asked questions
Why can’t I open my volume mixer?
If the volume mixer does not open when you right-click on the speaker icon and click Open Volume Mixer, you can probably solve the problem by stopping the SndVol.exe process and then trying to open the volume mixer. … On the Processes tab, locate the process SndVol.exe.
Why is my volume control not working?
If the problem persists, you may need to reset the phone to factory settings. … Go to Settings, press and select Factory Reset. Check that the volume button works after the phone has been reset to the factory settings.
How do I set the default volume mixer?
volume mixer not responding, volume mixer not working, open volume mixer shortcut, volume mixer not opening windows 7, can’t open sound control panel windows 10, install volume mixer windows 10, how do i enable the volume icon on my taskbar windows 10, how to open volume mixer on chromebook