Windows 10 is currently the best and newest version of Microsoft’s operating system. While it is fairly stable and works for most hardware configurations available on the market, there can sometimes be problems, which we will discuss today. In this latest installment of our troubleshooting series, we look at the problem of accidentally shutting down a Windows 10 PC.
Restart the computer before performing any of the recommended troubleshooting actions below. This action refreshes the operating system and removes any temporary corrupted data that may be causing the problem.
Several factors can cause this particular problem, from a software problem to a hardware problem. Below are the recommended troubleshooting steps to follow to resolve this issue.
In this case, you should first make sure that you have the latest drivers installed on your computer and that no driver is missing for any component.
- Right-click on Start and start Device Manager.
- Right click on each item and then click on Update Driver.
- Select the option to automatically check for updated software drivers
- Restart the computer .
Make sure the Windows computer is always turned off randomly.
Sleep mode can help extend the battery life of a notebook computer by turning off certain functions of the computer. This can sometimes cause the system to shut down completely, so you should disable this feature.
- Open Start.
- Press parameter.
- Open system .
- Set both displays and standby mode to Never.
Note if the problem persists.
When the quick start function is enabled, you can benefit from a faster start-up process. However, this can cause problems because some drivers may not load properly. Try disabling quick start to see if that is the culprit.
- Right-click on Start and start Power Options .
- From the on/off options Select the action of the on/off buttons, press.
- Press Change settings that are currently unavailable.
- Clear the Enable quick start (recommended) check box in the Stop setting.
- Confirm with OK and you’re done.
Try to check if the Windows 10 PC is still shutting down accidentally.
- Right-click on Start and open Power Settings.
- Select your default power plan and click Change PlanSettings .
- Press Change advanced power settings.
- Switching to processor power control .
- Change the value from 100 to 0 in Minimum processor status.
- Now go to Disc > Turn off the disc after and decrease the value until Never appears. It is suitable for both to and to laptop batteries.
- Save change and output
Make sure Windows 10 is still turned off.
If the above steps do not solve the problem, you need to reinstall Windows 10 on your computer.
- See https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10startfresh
- Download and run the Windows Renewal Utility
- Review and agree to the license terms to continue the process.
- Select the files you want to save. To save your personal files, select the option Save personal files only .
- To delete all files, select Nothing. It is best not to choose anything unless you are sure you have already saved your personal information.
- Press Install to begin a clean installation. The process is automatic, but if you change your mind, you can cancel it while the Windows 10 Setup dialog box is displayed.
Once the process is complete, do not install any software on your computer. First, try to check if the problem still exists. Otherwise, the problem may be caused by corrupted data or software installed on the computer.
If the problem persists, it may already be caused by a faulty hardware component. You should have that checked by a service agency.
computer accidentally shuts down window 10 without overheating, window 10 shuts down without warning, how do I fix my computer accidentally shutting down, window 10 shuts down at rest – despite changing the power setting, windows 10 keeps shutting down and restarting, windows 10 accidentally shuts down 2020, how to prevent my computer from shutting down automatically windows 10, why my computer shuts down automatically windows 10
frequently asked questions
How can I fix accidental shutdown of Windows 10?
The computer shuts down randomly in Windows 10 [RESOLVED].
Why did my Windows 10 suddenly shut down?
This can be due to several factors, such as B. a thermal event on your CPU or GPU, a system failure, to try to find the event that caused these failures, try this: Type an event in the Cortana Finder (next to the Start menu) to open the event view in the list that appears. In the list on the left, click Windows Logs – System.
Why did the computer suddenly shut down?
Overheating of the power supply due to a defective fan may cause the computer to shut down unexpectedly. Continued use of a defective power supply may damage the computer and should be replaced immediately. … Software like SpeedFan can also be used to monitor your computer’s fans.
computer shuts down randomly windows 10 not overheating, windows 10 shuts down without warning, computer randomly shuts down windows 10, windows 10 keeps shutting down and restarting, windows 10 random shutdown 2020, how do i stop my computer from shutting down automatically windows 10, computer shuts down by itself, how do i stop windows 10 from shutting down automatically