There are many ways to remove the Reading List from Chrome. Most people use a keyboard shortcut, such as shift+esc or ctrl+shift+. Some users may open up Incognito mode and navigate to chrome://settings/contentSettings#ReadingList. Inputting “remove” into the text box will automatically remove the list for you.
The “chrome remove reading list from bookmark star” is a feature that allows users to add a bookmark to their reading list. This feature can be removed by following the steps below.
Google Chrome is a well-known truth that it is one of the finest browsers available on any platform, including mobile and desktop. Google also ensures that its Chrome browser remains at the top of the rankings by providing updates and improving the user experience.
Google’s Chrome browser just received a new feature that enables you to add any site to your “reading list.” Users will be able to catch up on anything they want to read later and add it to their list as a result of this.
Simply browse to a website you wish to read later and go to its URL bar, click on the star symbol, and then click on “Add to Reading List.”
While some people find this feature beneficial, others wish to get rid of it, and in this post, we will teach you how to delete the reading list from Chrome.
Also, Read: Microsoft Edge vs Google Chrome vs Mozilla Firefox: Advantages & Disadvantages
How can I uninstall Chrome’s Reading List?
There are three techniques for removing the reading list from Chrome, and we’ll go through each one in this post.
Method 1: Go to Chrome Settings and delete the reading list.
You’ll notice a bar below your address bar called the bookmarks bar whenever you start a new Google Chrome window or the browser for the first time.
Your “reading list” is located on the far right of your bookmarks bar.
If you don’t want the “reading list” option to appear in your bookmarks bar, you may disable it by doing the following:
- Google Chrome is now open.
- Locate the “display reading list” option by right-clicking on your bookmarks bar.
- It will be checked by default, but you may uncheck it to remove the reading list.
You may conceal the reading list from your bookmarks bar using this approach and then enable it the same way you deactivated it.
Also, see How to Fix Steam Workshop Not Downloading Mods for more information. [eSportsLatest]
Method 2: In Google Chrome, disable the ‘Add to Reading List’ option.
We’ll utilize Google Chrome flags in this way to completely eliminate the “add to reading list” feature in Google Chrome.
- First of all, Google Chrome is now open..
- Then, in your Chrome address box, input the following address:
- Look for the two preferences listed below:
M94 flags that haven’t expired yet. M95 flags that haven’t expired yet.
- Select ‘Enabled’ from the drop-down menu next to these options. You may also search for these preferences by putting “temporarily unexpire” into the search box.
- After you’ve done that, you’ll see an option to reopen Chrome.
- So will reload Chrome if you do it, but be careful not to do it while working on anything critical.
The reading list option will be deactivated when Google Chrome relaunches, and it will be greyed out.
Also see: The Top 10 Chrome Flags to Use in 2022.
Method 3: Disable Google Chrome’s ‘Add to Reading List’ feature.
We also have a feature that allows you to totally delete the ‘add to reading list’ option from your Google Chrome browser.
We may delete this option using Chrome flags, and you will only see the option to ‘add to bookmarks’ after that.
- Google Chrome is now open. and paste the following on your address bar
- On your screen, you’ll see a flag labeled “Reading List” with a toggle next to it.
- To deactivate the reading list option in your browser, open the toggle and choose Disabled.
- If you use the button below to relaunch Google Chrome, you’ll see that the option to “Add to Reading List” has vanished.
If you wish to restore the “add to reading list” option, just return the toggle to “default” or “enabled” and the option will be restored.
What is the difference between bookmarks and reading lists?
We don’t perceive much of a distinction between bookmarks and reading lists since both effectively allow you to store web pages for subsequent viewing.
The main reason reading lists were created was for students and others who read often and find it difficult to discover the online sites they want to read because bookmarks get too lengthy.
If you use bookmarks and reading lists in the same way, it’s recommended to turn off reading lists so that you don’t end up with a mess later.
How to Remove Reading List from Chrome in Conclusion
In this post, we’ll show you how to deactivate the reading list function in Google Chrome using three different techniques.
We’ve also attempted to clarify that there’s no fundamental difference between bookmarks and reading lists; they just aid in the organization of connections.
If you wish to keep using things the way they are, go ahead and do so.
However, if you want to deactivate reading lists and just use bookmarks, we’ve provided instructions on how to do so.
We also hope that the processes outlined in this post are simple to follow; however, if you have any issues, please leave a comment below and we will do our best to assist you.
Also, learn how to install Chrome OS on any laptop or desktop computer.
Watch This Video-
The “disable reading list chrome reddit” is a question that has been asked on Reddit. The answer to the question is, “To disable the Reading List in Chrome, just go to Settings > Show Advanced Settings and uncheck the box next to ‘Show my Reading List’.”
- remove add to reading list chrome from star
- how to remove add to reading list option
- chrome reading list
- chrome reading list not working
- chrome reading list shortcut